It’s Labor Day weekend, and it’s time to paarrtttay!!!!!
Actually, not so much for me. I have to work, dang it! Waa-wa. BUT, I can still enjoy my weekend with some of my favorite brunch meals like this bacon stuffed protein pancakes topped off with some more bacon!
You get this amazing sweet and salty taste combination. The bacon provides the crunchy, crispy, and chewy texture and the pancake and honey wraps it all up in fluffy moist sweetness. Mmm mmm. Just can’t get enough.
Try it yourself this weekend. It’s sure to please all your tingly tastebuds to create an ultimate party in your mouth! 🙂
(For a meatless version, check out my Banana Protein Pancakes.)
BACONATOR PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 4 strips of thick cut hormone-free Bacon
- 2 ripe Bananas – mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- dash of Cinnamon
- pinch of Sea Salt
- Honey, Molasses, or Maple Syrup (to drizzle on top)
- Place bacon in a large pan and cook over medium heat for several minutes until the edges start to crisp. flip and cook the other side for a couple more minutes. Chop 3 of the slices into small bacon bits and 1 slice into larger pieces, about 2-3 inches long, to be used as the topper.
- Peel bananas and place into a large mixing bowl. Mash it down with a fork.
- Add eggs, coconut flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix well with fork.
- Add bacon bits into batter and mix in.
- With a ladle, scoop out the batter and place gently into a heated non-stick pan to cook (You can use the bacon grease to oil the pan for an added bacon flavor). When the edges turn opaque in color, flip over to cook the other side for a couple more minutes. Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Place pancakes on a plate, top it off with the longer strips of bacon, drizzle over everything with honey (or your choice of drizzle) and serve!
Bon Appetit & Happy Labor Day Weekend!