Johnny started talking about hot dogs and then of course, I started getting some mad cravings for them. We searched to see if there was a good hot dog place nearby but couldn’t find any within our near by radius. We ended up deciding to make some hot dogs at home and while we’re at it, we should just make it healthy. We had been indulging with cheat foods a bit too much lately so we decided to give that a break and go the healthy route.
We went bun-less and added some good greens to our organic hot dog (hence the green hot dog).
It turned out delicious and here’s how you can make your own healthy Green Hot Dog at home!
- Pasture raised beef hot dogs
- Quinoa & Greens Salad (You can very well make your own salad from such recipes as this, but I was all about doing less work this day so we picked up some Peach Quinoa & Watercress salad from the store.)
- Dijon Mustard
- Finely chopped onions
- Heat up hot dog links in a skillet over medium heat until cooked all the way through.
- Plate Quinoa salad in the shape of a hot dog bun.
- Gently place hot dog in the middle of the quinoa salad (as pictured)
- Top hot dog with onions.
- Squeeze dijon mustard on top in a squiggly line (as pictured)